ALL NEW to the family of products at Filer Credit Union, we are thrilled to now be able to offer our new “Teen Saver Checking Account” program : Now teenagers between 13 and 17 years old can have a Checking Account! There are a few rules though:
- Signatures of both teen and parent/guardian required
- Teen must have parent or guardian on the account with them
- Teen must provide Social Security number
- Teen must provide one of the following: Birth Certificate/Valid Driver’s License/State ID/School ID/Passport
- Parent/Guardian must provide Social Security number
- Parent/Guardian must provide one of the following: Valid Driver’s License/State ID/Passport
What are the benefits of this Teen Saver Checking Account:
- Qualifies for a debit card with a $200 limit
- Can access the account through mobile banking
- Can use Remote Deposit Capture
- Can turn on Parental Controls, such as: text banking, e-alerts, e-notices.
- Teens learn how to make deposits, use a debit card, use mobile banking, and keep track of their funds.
- No monthly fees