It’s time. It’s time to join the movement and start making the right financial decision. It’s not hard. In fact, you can accomplish 99% of the required work online by clicking “Become a Member” in the top right corner of this screen.
How to Open a Membership
Option 1: Visit a Filer Credit Union branch and have a member of our team walk you through the process.
Option 2: Apply online by clicking the Become A Member button in the top right corner of your screen. You will have to come into one of our branches eventually because we like to meet you, but we promise it won’t take long.
Due to the U.S. Patriot Act, a valid photo ID and your social security card are required to open an account.
Also, all credit unions have certain criteria for membership. If you meet any of the criteria listed below, then we can’t wait for you to join!
Primary Qualifications for Membership
- Live in Manistee or Mason Counties (Michigan)
- Work in Manistee or Mason Counties (Michigan)
- Worship in Manistee or Mason Counties (Michigan)
If those don’t work, try the below.
Other Potential Qualifications for Membership
- Any person who receives a retirement annuity, pension, social security or similar retirement payment from private or government sources, and lives in, or belongs to a retirement organization located in the county, or in a county contiguous to the county where the credit union’s principal place of business is located (Manistee)
- If someone in your family is a member, then you can join too!